This is the organising body of the Crew elected by the Crew to organise and run the Crew for one year. The Council consists of a Rover Scout Leader, Crew Chairman, Secretary, Treasurer and two or three Rovers. Only invested Rovers can be elected to this Council, and this is where all decisions are made. To be elected to this Council is an honour not to be taken lightly.
With no two Crews being alike it is difficult to set a standard, but here are a few pointers:
- he Council must be aware of the needs and capabilities of the Crew.
- he Council must not over-extend the Crew. “All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy”, and that is not what we are looking for. Whatever happens, keep the fun element alive.
- Maintain democracy in the Crew. Arguments can always be settled if discussed in an adult manner.
- he Council has judicial powers. Crew members acting out of line can be called to appear before the Council. This is the most unpleasant task a Council may have to perform.
- Avoid your Crew Council becoming a secret society. Take all decisions, programmes and activities to the Crew through the Crew in Council.